Thursday 12 January 2012

Happy Tail "Duncan"


By Nick & Jennifer Harding

We adopted Duncan AKA slice March 3, 2011.  After a year of loss with our two 17.5 and 18.5 year old kitties, my amazing mom, and my Dad taking ill shortly after, my love for life was shaken.  I spoke of wanting a dog for many years, but we were dedicated to our elderly fuzzy babies.  I dreamt of a Bernese mountain dog but my husband wanted a Border Collie. We even looked at Australian Shepard’s.  For well over a month I sent pictures of adorable puppies to my husband via email.        

Once my Dad returned home out of the hospital, and the year anniversary approached of my Mom taking ill of Pancreatic Cancer and the loss of my love Kiisa (who I moved away from home with) I seemed it hit a really bad spot.  My husband knew I needed something and started to give in to my puppy interest.  We were looking together on Kijiji and we saw the most precious little fuzzy boy.   We emailed asking if he was still available and could we meet him as he checked all of our boxes: his markings met mine and he was a combination of both a Border/Aussie Mix.  



We did up the adoption papers in advance and set up an appointment to meet Jill his foster mommy.  Because of our schedules we had to wait three long days!  Watching posts asking about him, I was panicking! I was emailing Sarah and Becky (poor girls) making sure we would have our opportunity.   When we got to meet him, he ran straight to Nick playfully as I loved up another cute foster pup.  Then Duncan came to see me.  He was bigger than the photo, but what a character, the last of the litter. We took him home that night, without giving any of our family members advance warning of even the thought process of our new addition.  He melted everyone’s hearts.  

I would take him to visit my Aunt in the hospital, and everyone on her floor loved to see him come trotting in.  He brightens his Nanny and Grandad’s day each day and has become a neighbourhood favourite.  He has filled my heart with love, brought Joy to everyone once again and has blessed our family with his character.   Thank you Manitoba Mutts we will be forever grateful for your big hearts in rescuing the Cheese Pups, and giving us our handsome boy Duncan.


No comments:

Post a Comment